Consider installation costs and requirements when you’re shopping around. Here are some things to remember:
- Most traders offer supply and install packages, and some installation only. Installation must be done by a licensed air conditioner installer, due to the refrigerant gas
handling that’s required. Look for an installer with REFCOM approval, and get a few quotes.
- Cool air is heavier than warm air. So, for optimum cooling, the air outlet should be installed as close to the ceiling as possible, with the louvres pointing horizontally or
upward. For heating, point the louvres downwards.
- It’s generally better to install an air conditioner on a longer wall of a room, but your installer should recommend the best place for your individual situation.
- The outdoor unit of your split system needs to be installed on a firm base (for example, a concrete slab) or attached to a wall, using sturdy brackets. It should be as
close as possible to the indoor air outlet, ideally with about three to five metres of pipes between the two units.
- Shade the outdoor part of your air conditioner from direct sunlight – for example, by installing it on a Northern wall or providing an awning.
Last but certainly not least, once you’ve got an air conditioner installed, here’s how to keep it clean and well-maintained for years of efficient running.
Delta T Cooling Ltd have supplied a range of air conditioning installations available to clients in Peterborough, Cambridge and East anglia. These range from superb domestic
options through to commercially viable units. Our staff a wealth of experience and a long track record of providing the best air conditioning installation for any given project.
From the supply of the Air conditioning system through to its professional installation, Delta T Cooling have all bases covered and
we are ready to discuss your requirements today!
If you feel like you could work with us then contact us.
Discover more about our range of services on the following pages.
Any questions? Contact us - we look forward to helping you!